Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Week two and making wine

This week I was hoping for school to get into more of a rhythm and for everyone to settle down.  Once again I found that scheduling changes by the day and that nothing is to be expected.  The schedule continues to change daily, so I just go to school at the beginning and figure it out from there.  The teachers at my school are very nice, and they have been extremely helpful for the most part.  They have even invited me to their houses after school, where we have had mini supras. 

I have gotten to know my two radically different coteachers by now.  One is extremely helpful, works me into her class plans, and allows me to teach the class.  The other is commanding in class, and does not let me speak out loud in the classroom.  The only way I get to talk is if a student has an individual question while they are doing workbook activities.  Hopefully this will get better over time, however she avoids me outside of class so we can not talk about how we would do lessons together.  She did seem to get nicer today when I mentioned that I had to fill out my monthly reports for the program.

My family has continued making wine.  My host dad took the van that I never though would run and drove it cross country to buy more grapes.  He returned with four new barrels of grapes that will be added to the giant metal vat.  We cleaned out one of the oak barrels, transferred filled the wine up and replenished the grapes in the big vat.  It seems that wine making is very important to my family because they get really energized when talking about it.  As we worked I played classic 80's jams off my laptop for the fam, which made it a lot more fun.


Heres a mancho my host brother stirring the vat.

This weekend I will be able to get out once again, because there is no school on monday (election day).  A group of friends and I will be going to Batumi again to relive the adventure for round too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment